The Book Sacrifice Tag (even though I never got tagged by anyone) ☆

I like books. I read quite a lot over the years. I think I'm qualified to do this tag, even though I never get tagged in anything before. Never, that's how much of a loser I am. /whacked;
 Long story short– I needed book recommendations, went to YouTube, watched a whole bunch of booktubers, and saw that a good handful of them did this tag. And I thought that the tag seemed really fun to do. I read quite a lot over the years. I think I can do this. I'm going do this. /whacked; I've looked up the questions and will be copy-and-pasting them here word for word mostly.


1. Let's start this off with a zombie apocalypse! Let's say you're in a book store, just browsing, when bam! Zombie attack! An announcement comes over the PA system saying that the military has discovered that the zombies' only weakness is over-hyped books. What book that everyone else says is amazing but you really hated do you start chucking at the zombies knowing that it will count as an over-hyped book and successfully wipe them out?!

There are many books that I've read that I believe were way over-hyped and I ended up being disappointed in the end. Some examples would be The Fault in Our Stars by John Green – which was a fairly good story but just way too much hype – and The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas in which I honestly do not know if I will ever finish it because there's so many books, help me. However, if there was one book that I believe to be over-hyped and I truly disliked that I have to use to kill zombies, it would have to be Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard.

I was so incredibly disappointed in this book. It's been a year, I've reread it. I still dislike it. Maven is my child, my evil-twisted child yet the most well-written in the book. Yet, even he cannot convince me to read the sequel books. Apparently, the series was supposed to be a trilogy but she's writing a fourth book to the series plus there's the novellas. And in my own subjective opinion, the novel covers just gets uglier. Like the cover for the first book was so pretty and compare to it the third book... No.

2. Let's say you've just left the salon with [an amazing] new haircut and boom! Torrential downpour. What sequel are you willing to use as an umbrella to protect yourself?

A sequel? Hold up, I need to think about this for a moment. The reason is that if I don't like the first book, then there's no way I will buy the subsequent sequels because why would I torture myself like that? If there was one sequel that really disappointed me- it would have to be Insurgent by Veronica Roth. Okay, Divergent was a pretty decent book. I kinda liked it but I wasn't too crazy about it. So I bought the next book and... Oh dear, it came to the point where I had to force myself to go through it and finish it. I honestly think it wasn't that great. At that point, I was like "Yeah, I'm just gonna be done with the series." If you like the book and/or the series, cool! It's just not to my liking. /shrugs;

3. Let's say you're in a lecture and your English teacher is going on and on about how this classic changed the world, how it revolutionized literature and you get so sick of it that you chuck the classic right at his/her face because you know what? This classic is stupid and it's worth detention just to show everyone how you feel! What classic did you chuck?

Okay, classic novels. Throughout my entire academic career since middle school, I've read and studied many classic lit novels. Whether it be from Frankenstein to Jane Eyre to 1984, I read it all and wrote essays about it. There are books that I sincerely enjoyed reading such as Pride and Prejudice or The Picture of Dorian Gray. There are times when I disliked the book mostly because I'm born in a different generation, whatever moved the people back then- it doesn't move me or I just wasn't that invested in the story. However, if there was one book that I sincerely would chuck at my teacher's face if they make me read it again- it would have to be Ernest Hemingway's A Farewell to Arms.

I've read the books, and I swear to God that I am not lying, a total of eleven times for the sake of my class. I had to write essays on it. I had to participate in in-class socratic seminars because of the book. I even watched the live-action film about it. My literature teacher would often rave about this book. She loved it so much and for half of the semester, it was the only book was focused on in class. While Hemingway's writing style was not bad, I absolutely hated the story. Up to this day, I still quite hate the book.

4. Let's say that you're hanging out at the library when bam! Global warming explodes and the world outside becomes a frozen wasteland (Airi's Note: I thought if global warming explodes, everything would be a hot desert wasteland? Oh wells). You're trapped and your only chance for survival is to burn a book. What is the book you first run to, your least favorite book of all life, what book do you not fully regret lighting? 

There are a lot of books that I dislike within my lifetime. I mean, my answer to the previous question is one of them. However, for the sake of the questions- in which I need fire to survive a frozen wasteland, why not burn The Hunger Games? I mean, the main character of the book is known to be "The Girl on Fire" after all. /whacked; Unpopular opinion, I did not particularly like the trilogy. I kind of only read it because everyone around me was raving about it. So middle school me, giving into peer pressure, joined in the bandwagon of reading it.

At that point in my life, I found the book to be quite over-hyped. Yet, everyone was going crazy about it so I forced myself into liking the book too. As I've gotten older, I just stopped trying and can now blatantly admit that I dislike the trilogy. It's not my cup of tea and after forcing myself to read the second book, I was just done with everything. If you love the series, good for you. I'm just gonna go sit in the corner and read other books.


So that is it for the Book Sacrifice Tag. Although, it felt more like me just sharing a lot of unpopular opinion. /whacked; To everyone reading this, I want to see what your answers are for the Book Sacrifice Tag. Comment your answers or create your own post and tag it back to me. I want to see your answers. I really like hearing people share their different opinions on a variety of books. So, until my post. See you~

Comments